Fire Suppression Water Tanks
constructed from GRP
Fire Safety Water Storage Tanks
Nicholson Plastics have been manufacturing GRP fire water tanks for nearly 50 years. We offer quick and easy quotes, including site visits for one to one professional advice and site assessment. No one has ever died from a fire in a building with an installed fire sprinkler system. 85% per cent of small and medium businesses that suffer a serious fire either never recover or cease trading within 18 months.
Fire Safety Water Tanks or Fire Suppression tanks are ultimately installed for saving lives and protecting property.
Advantages of Fire Suppression Water Tanks
- GRP fire suppression tanks are weather resistant even in the harshest climates
- Minimal maintenance required once installed
- Lower cost for transportation & production costs due to lightweight material capabilities
- GRP test higher for strength factor vs alternative material (Despite its lightweight properties, GRP offers impressive strength-to-weight load-bearing performance. GRP’s superior strength is far greater than equivalent steel profiles)
- Contain, control and extinguish a fire
- Significantly reduce damage caused by fire
- Reduce the amount of toxic and harmful emissions produced as a result of combustion.
- Significantly reduce smoke damaged caused by fire
- Use less water (some 400x less) then fire and rescue services
- Operate automatically 24/7 without the need for human interaction
- Increasing Flexibility in Building Design with incorporated fire safety tanks
- Reduced property insurance premiums for buildings installed with fire sprinkler systems.
Commercial Fire Sprinkler Tanks
There is a compelling case to be made for fire sprinkler tanks in any commercial premises on the basis of loss of production or interruption to business as this is a real impediment to business continuity and productivity. It is a recognised fact that 85 per cent of small and medium businesses that suffer a serious fire either never recover or cease trading within 18 months. The installation of sprinkler tanks in these types of premises could prevent this. Losses due to fire would reduce and fewer businesses would be forced to relocate.
Residential Fire Sprinkler Tanks
Current regulations state if a building has a storey with a floor over 18 meters (Scotland) or 30 meters in England. The building should be protected throughout by an automatic sprinkler system.
Fire sprinkler tanks are now commonly installed in schools and residential premises. This is largely as a result of lobbying by the National Fire Sprinkler Network, the European Fire Sprinkler Network and the British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association.
Building regulations in Scotland and England often require fire sprinkler systems to be installed in certain types of properties to ensure the safety of occupants.
In Scotland, all new schools are sprinkler protected, as are new care homes, sheltered housing and high-rise flats. In England, all high-rise buildings over 30m must have sprinkler protection.
Wales was the first country in the world to make installation of fire sprinklers in new homes compulsory. The law will apply to newly built houses, blocks of flats, as well as care homes and universities.
Site survey available Free of charge!
*Subject to location
With over 50 years manufacturing and supplying water storage tanks, we ensure that all our tanks meet all relevant manufacturing standards and legislation.