Join a market leader
Nicholson Plastics is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of Water Tank solutions. We are continually expanding our operations in Lanark and Croydon, attracting a diverse range of skill sets in our employees. Our company culture is based on heritage where our success is attributed to the people who work for us.
The company has nearly 50 years experience in the Water Storage market in the UK market. The company also offers full end to end project management service, supporting the design, manufacture and installation of solutions for the water storage industry.
Nicholson Plastics was established in 1968 as a family business in the town of Lanark, Scotland. Lanark is a small town in the centre of Scotland, in the county town of Lanarkshire. It is situated between Glasgow and Edinburgh with frequent rail and bus services to the major cities. The company currently employs people across all disciplines from sales and admin to general operatives who manage the manufacture of all of our GRP products. Today, the company operates from Lanark and Croydon, supplying water tanks to UK and internally through our export division.
Current Positions Available:
Trainee Sales Advisor - Croydon
We are now looking for to expand and develop our existing sales team in Croydon with the position of Trainee Sales Advisor. This is a Permanent Full-Time position based in Croydon London.
This position would suit a candidate currently working in a targeted sales role, for example, a call centre, car sales or any form of retail sales, who is looking for a technical sales position as part of a collaborative and friendly office where there is scope for further development.
We also welcome applications from candidates with no direct sales experience who are keen to begin their career in a technical and construction sales environment. This may include recent graduates, or sales advisors coming from a non-targeted background. Full training will be provided, including comprehensive sales process training and technical training.
The Trainee Sales Advisor will work closely with the Sales team and be responsible for:
- Contacting the existing customer base through both emails and phone calls;
- Reviewing incoming enquiries and extracting the relevant information;
- Updating and maintaining data on a bespoke CRM system;
- Acknowledgement and processing of orders;
- Preparing quotations for customers;
- Ensuring all admin paperwork is recorded and filed correctly;
- Liaising with customers and other departments to assist the sales team;
- Updating external sales teams on any developments relevant to their key accounts;
- Creating project files.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of a targeted sales environment would be advantageous but not essential;
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload;
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Ability to make recommendations and improvements to procedures/working practices.
- Strong team working skills with ability to work on own when required;
- Organised and efficient;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Pro-active in approach;
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Excellent timekeeping
- Competitive + bonus
- Company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday + all UK Bank Holidays
- Working hours: Monday – Thursday – 8.30 am – 5 pm & Friday – 8.00am – 4.30pm.