constructed from GRP
GRP MISTING TANKS
Nicholson Plastics offer a wide selection of water storage solutions including fire suppression and misting tanks.
Misting systems use high-pressure mist to remove two of the three elements which are needed for a fire to spread and grow oxygen & heat. A water mist system uses very fine water spray which when actioned in a fire controls, suppresses and/or extinguishes the fire by cooling both the flame and surrounding gases by evaporation.
Misting systems use specially designed nozzles with high water pressure to create a mist which acts similar to a gaseous fire pretention system.
HOW DO MISTING SYSTEMS WORK?
The cooling power of Mist Systems is based on the process of atomizing water droplets to a size that can quickly evaporate. Water is forced through a specially designed high-pressure nozzle to create an ultra-fine fog that quickly absorbs heat and cools surrounding air as it evaporates.
THE BENEFITS OF MISTING SYSTEMS INCLUDE:
- The mist can extinguish a fire in shielded and obstructed locations.
- The larger the surface area, the more effective the system becomes in quickly reducing temperature and oxygen at the flame front.
- Immediate activation
- High efficiency in the suppression of a wide variety of fires
- Minimized water damage
- Environmentally sound characteristics
- No toxic problems
MISTING TANK OPTIONS:
- Tank dividers (across or along) may be provided to ensure a constant supply of water while cleaning the second chamber in the tank
- GRP internal ladder
- Protective hand-railing for around the perimeter of the tank or around the perimeter of the manhole
- May be supplied with internally flanged or externally flanged panels
Misting systems are an extremely effective fire protection medium that significantly reduces asset damage and operational downtime in all business-critical applications.
FIRE SUPPRESSION TANKS
With over 50 years manufacturing and supplying water storage tanks, we ensure that all our tanks meet all relevant manufacturing standards and legislation.