Join a market leader
Nicholson Plastics is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of Water Tank solutions. We are continually expanding our operations in Lanark and Croydon, attracting a diverse range of skill sets in our employees. Our company culture is based on heritage where our success is attributed to the people who work for us.
The company has over 50 years experience in the Water Storage market in the UK market. The company also offers full end to end project management service, supporting the design, manufacture, and installation of solutions for the water storage industry.
Nicholson Plastics was established in 1968 as a family business in the town of Lanark, Scotland. Lanark is a small town in the centre of Scotland, in the county town of Lanarkshire. It is situated between Glasgow and Edinburgh with frequent rail and bus services to the major cities. The company currently employs people across all disciplines from sales and admin to general operatives who manage the manufacture of all of our GRP products. Today, the company operates from Lanark and Croydon, supplying water tanks to UK and internally through our export division.
Our latest career opportunities are listed below.
Vacancy: General Operative
Permanent, Full time
Nicholson Plastics is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of Water Tank solutions. The company has over 50 years’ experience in the Water Storage market in the UK market. The company also offers full end to end project management service, supporting the design, manufacture and installation of solutions for the water storage industry.
Our company culture is based on heritage where our success is attributed to the people who work for us. We have adopted a number of core values which underpin everything we do; One Team, Resourceful, Integrity, Customer Centric, Embrace Change, Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing moulds for manufacture, including repairs and maintenance;
- Applying release agents to the mould surface prior to manufacture;
- Cutting and measuring foam insulation and steelwork;
- Using spray machines to apply gelcoat & fiberglass to moulds;
- Applying glass matting and resin to moulds, hand layup;
- Consolidation of fiberglass & resin with rollers ensuring a quality finish;
- Setting up of wooden & GRP moulds to manufacture drawings;
- Releasing of moulded products from mould once cured;
- Working from manufacturing drawings to mark, cut, drill and fit ancillary items;
- Maintaining equipment and reporting any faults;
- Quality checks, measuring product thickness and undertaking water tests;
- Completing documentation for traceability and quality assurance;
- Locating and packaging goods for collection;
- Working within Health and Safety guidelines;
- Any other duties as assigned, to support the Company.
- Good timekeeping
- Excellent attention to detail
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Salary competitive
- Working hours: Monday-Friday
- On-site parking
- Employee Assistant Programme provided.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to [email protected]
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.