Join a market leader
Nicholson Plastics is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of Water Tank solutions. We are continually expanding our operations in Lanark and Croydon, attracting a diverse range of skill sets in our employees. Our company culture is based on heritage where our success is attributed to the people who work for us.
The company has nearly 50 years experience in the Water Storage market in the UK market. The company also offers full end to end project management service, supporting the design, manufacture and installation of solutions for the water storage industry.
Nicholson Plastics was established in 1968 as a family business in the town of Lanark, Scotland. Lanark is a small town in the centre of Scotland, in the county town of Lanarkshire. It is situated between Glasgow and Edinburgh with frequent rail and bus services to the major cities. The company currently employs people across all disciplines from sales and admin to general operatives who manage the manufacture of all of our GRP products. Today, the company operates from Lanark and Croydon, supplying water tanks to UK and internally through our export division.
New Positions Available:
New Position - Store Operative
Lanark – Full-time
The purpose of this role is to ensure all stock, which enters and leaves the factory is controlled and recorded, making sure stock levels remain at the set amounts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Controlling & recording stock levels of all materials in and out of the factory;
- Picking orders from storeroom and packaging up for dispatch;
- Ensure stock levels do not fall below the set amounts;
- Reporting any shortages to the Production Manager;
- Loading and unloading lorries as required;
- Liaison with Suppliers/Couriers as required;
- Ensure the yard and factory are clean & tidy at all times, including the perimeter;
- On-site skip management, to ensure correct materials are disposed of in the appropriate skips in accordance with NP waste and environmental policy and notifying skip company when skip changeover is required;
- Providing support to production through the delivery of materials and consumables;
- Raising purchase orders for materials when required
- Good communication skills both face to face and via telephone;
- Ability to work alone using your own initiative;
- Previous experience in a store position would be advantageous;
- Experience with Microsoft office package / ERP System;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Ability to multi-task and work within strict deadlines;
- A full UK driving license;
- Forklift license essential.
New Position - General Operative
Vacancy: General Operative
Nicholson Plastics is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of Water Tank solutions. We are continually expanding our operations in Lanark and Croydon, attracting a diverse range of skill sets in our employees. The company has over 50 years’ experience in the Water Storage market in the UK market. The company also offers full end to end project management service, supporting the design, manufacture, and installation of solutions for the water storage industry.
The purpose of the General Operative is to produce GRP Products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing moulds for manufacture, including repairs and maintenance;
- Applying release agents to the mould surface prior to manufacture;
- Cutting and measuring foam insulation and steelwork;
- Using spray machines to apply gelcoat & fiberglass to moulds;
- Applying glass matting and resin to moulds, hand layup;
- Consolidation of fiberglass & resin with rollers ensuring a quality finish;
- Setting up of wooden & GRP moulds to manufacture drawings;
- Releasing of moulded products from mould once cured;
- Working from manufacturing drawings to mark, cut, drill and fit ancillary items;
- Maintaining equipment and reporting any faults;
- Quality checks, measuring product thickness and undertaking water tests;
- Completing documentation for traceability and quality assurance;
- Locating and packaging goods for collection;
- Working within Health and Safety guidelines;
- Any other duties as assigned, to support the Company.
- Good timekeeping.
- Excellent attention to detail
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Salary competitive
- Working hours: Monday-Friday
- On-site parking
- Employee Assistant Programme provided.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent