Join a market leader
Nicholson Plastics is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of Water Tank solutions. We are continually expanding our operations in Lanark and Croydon, attracting a diverse range of skill sets in our employees. Our company culture is based on heritage where our success is attributed to the people who work for us.
The company has over 50 years experience in the Water Storage market in the UK market. The company also offers full end to end project management service, supporting the design, manufacture, and installation of solutions for the water storage industry.
Nicholson Plastics was established in 1968 as a family business in the town of Lanark, Scotland. Lanark is a small town in the centre of Scotland, in the county town of Lanarkshire. It is situated between Glasgow and Edinburgh with frequent rail and bus services to the major cities. The company currently employs people across all disciplines from sales and admin to general operatives who manage the manufacture of all of our GRP products. Today, the company operates from Lanark and Croydon, supplying water tanks to UK and internally through our export division.
If you would like to apply for a job with Nicholson Plastics, send your CV to [email protected]
The candidate will be joining a small dynamic team, in a friendly environment where speed and efficiency are key. The role is self-directed and requires the candidate to adhere to strict deadlines without need for continuous oversight, so time management and organisation skills will be called upon. The successful candidate will work directly with senior management within the finance function of the business. This role will have support from Group Head Office.
The Commercial Accountant will be primarily responsible for the following;
- Monthly management accounts preparation with variance analysis.
- Oversee financial reporting and preparation of month-end file.
- Managing the audit process
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Monitoring gross margins/contributions while optimising sales mix.
- Monitor working capital management, with particular focus on inventory and credit management.
- Prepare and submit VAT Returns, Payroll reports etc
- Attend and present at monthly management meeting
- Project and ad-hoc work
- Support other areas of the business when needed.
Skills & Characteristics
- 3 Years plus office experience in a similar role
- ACCA or equivalent qualification advantageous
- Be computer literate with advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of IFS accounts package would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
All interested candidates should forward their CV with a covering letter to [email protected]
Tricel is an equal opportunities employer.