GRP Custom Moulding
Nicholson Plastics has a proud record of creating bespoke customer products through a collaborative design process, all the way through to the final manufacturing operations. These parts are hand crafted in Glass Reinforced Polyester (GRP), a material which is a strong robust component due to the embedded glass mat yet still lighter than other alternatives. It is also possible to have a product supplied in a very specific colour, to match a corporate brand or blend into the wider environment, by providing a RAL number.
Sewage Processing Chute
Indicator Sign – Helicopter pad
Custom Water Tank
Architectural Scoop Light
Hand Crafted GRP Custom Moulding
- GRP offers exceptional strength to weight ratio.
- The versatility of the GRP material and the hand laying process means that it can be moulded into almost any configuration.
- Can be supplied in any BS 5252 or RAL colour.
- Virtually maintenance free surface.
- Highly resistant to corrosive substances.
- Relatively low set up costs for low volume moulding against other alternatives
The following two examples are very different projects that show the real potential of the custom moulding process;
The mouldings are finished to a high standard and painted to match a real cow. The Haptic Cow is also manufactured in four sections to reduce shipping costs. The four sections of the haptic cow are then easily bolted together, in the final location. Nicholson Plastics also designed and built a specific flight case for storing and shipping the units anywhere in the world.
Architectural Scoop Light
The GRP custom moulding in this case is the black conical section supporting the clear Perspex cover bring the light into the building. The conical sections stand nearly 2 metres in height and largest diameter 3 metres. Again, the characteristics of the Glass Reinforced Polyester (GRP) are brought to the fore in this project, as the scoop lights require to be light enough to be sit on the roof with additional supports below and robust enough to withstand the wind loading of sitting so high up on a building. The durability and longevity of the material through all weather conditions was also a major factor in the use of the material.
Why work with us?
Over 50 years’ industry experience
Projects completed in the last 24 months
Nicholson Plastics is a UK GRP Water Storage Tank Manufacturer with a proven track record in the supply of water tanks to all industry sectors throughout the UK. We have an expert team on hand with over 50 Years' industry experience. Our team works hard to provide exceptional industry lead times from quotes, site visits, order processing, and delivery. We are a British Standard approved company with full certification through BSI/ISO9001 including WRAS approved certified products for potable drinking water.
- Over 50 years of technical knowledge
- Quality assurance at a local level
- UK customer support teams, backup, replacement service & advice
- Supporting local and sustaining UK manufacturing
- Regional sales representatives for site visits, emergency water requirements, and project advice